Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Grilled Pork Chop with Pan Gravy

This is a grilled thick cut pork chop with a pan gravy, twice baked potatoes, and a corn and sweet pea and carrot mix. The Pork chop was seasoned heavily with my chefs seasoning with a touch of thyme added to the mix, then grilled on the in home electric grill on high to get those nice grill marks and some carmelization then cooked the rest of the way through in the oven at 325degrees. The Sauce was made with the fond (cooked on fat and seasonings form the grill) garlic, and chicken stock with a little salt and pepper, then thickened with a cornstarch slurry. The potatoes I baked in the oven until cooked through and tender and then cut in half, I removed all of the inner potatoes and mixed in sour cream, cheddar cheese, butter and chives then refiled the half's and covered in more cheese. Then I popped them back in the oven for approx. 7 min until the cheese began to brown a bit.

I know I am a stickler for height and all that normally, but with something like this where the starch was almost like dish on its own, I think that the design worked well in the end, even though there was some separation to the plate. Which isn't might I add, a rule in any since, normally I just think it looks better in a neat and attractive pile rather than all split up! But do what works for you!

Remember to have fun, because when the fun leaves then you stop! SO make it fun and remember to make it your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment